What are some inexpensive Valentine gift ideas for her, for him, and for kids?
Have you ever been one of those girls that said you didn’t want a Valentine’s Day gift and your significant other actually listened to you!?! I never have because the simple fact is, I like gifts and I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Gifts are a really great way to express love and that is what Valentine’s Day is all about, right? I do like giving and receiving gifts, but I also don’t like feeling pressured to spend a fortune. Just because I want a gift on Valentine’s doesn’t mean I expect an expensive diamond necklace. In fact, one of my favorite Valentine’s Day gifts was the Disney movie, The Incredibles. My husband knew I really wanted that movie for our family so he took the opportunity of Valentine’s day to give it to me, and it was awesome!
So, how do you have an awesome gift-filled Valentine’s Day without spending a fortune? First, set a budget. I know that seems so un-romantic to give a cheap Valentine gift or to set a limit and I’m sure lots of people will disagree with it, but that is what my husband and I do every year. We are each allowed the same amount of money to spend on each other. I’m pretty sure we were only allowed $5 each for our first Valentine’s Day. We have increased that amount as we make more money, but we never set a budget that is more than we can afford. Even if you don’t have money to spend on Valentine’s Day you can always do a homemade gift which can often be much more memorable anyway.
The next best way to have a gift-filled V-day without breaking the bank is to have a long list of inexpensive Valentine’s gift ideas. Luckily for you, I have supplied just such a list below. The list has Valentine’s Day gifts for kids, handmade gift ideas, gifts for her, gifts for him, and even Valentine’s Day gifts for elementary school classes or just for your kids.
Valentine’s Gifts For Her:
- Felt Lip Balm Holder
- Lacy Votive Holder (homemade)
- Make homemade heart soap using this bathtub crayon recipe, a heart mold pan to pour the soap into, and some essential oil to make the soap scented.
- Buy rose petal soap in a heart shaped box
- Arrange rose petals in a heart shape on a table or bed
- Heart shaped bookmark
- Fancy gift bags filled with candy or other gifts
- Wooden roses
- “Remember I Love You” gift
- Nail Polish
- Nail art kit
- Bubble bath
- Canvas bag decorated with paint or sharpies
- Heart measuring cups or spoons
- Glass nail file
- Perfume samples
- Heart keychain
Valentine’s Gifts For Him:
- Felt Tissue Pouch (homemade)
- Candy bouquet
- “We love you to pieces” handmade Valentine’s gift
- Buy a candy bar pizza or just make a homemade one using mini candy bars
- “Hooked on You” gift
- Small photo album filled with pictures of the two of you
- Personalized photo mug
- Cell phone charger for car
- Coasters that match his hobby or interests
- Pocket Squares
- Game for his cell phone or another kind of app he might like
- Universal remote
- Pocket Knife
- Stud finder or other Measurement tool
- “52 Reasons I Love You”
Valentine’s Day Gifts For Kids and Elementary School Classes:
- “Love Bug” Valentine
- Crayon Heart paper (write a Valentine message with a sharpie on the top)
- “Burst my Bubble” Valentine
- Valentine Rolo Pencils
- Printable butterfly Valentine’s and a few other printable Valentine’s
- Sticky Note Clipboards, write “Valentine, I’m “stuck” on you!” on the top
- Valentine Treat Pockets
- “Pop Quiz” printable Valentine
- Secret Valentine messages
- Handmade Lily Bouquet
- “Thanks for sticking by my side” printable Valentine
Valentine’s Day Gifts for Anyone:
- Altoids or some other type of mint
- A bar of Toblerone or another gourmet chocolate
- An extra special homemade dinner
- Movie tickets
- DVD, here’s a great selection of DVDs that are $5 or less
- iTunes gift card
- Cute mugs and hot chocolate
If you still haven’t found just the right thing you can take a look at the list we made for Christmas with gift ideas under $30. We would love to hear your ideas and add to the list! Feel free to leave comments and link to any ideas you have! Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!
I love this list! Sometimes it’s hard finding something for your significant other, especially on a budget.
I love the Mary Kay Satin Lips set… $18 for a mask that exfoliates and a balm that leaves lips smooth and hydrated. What better time than V-day to get kissable lips!! ;)
Thanks! We’re glad you like the list!
Congrats! I will be featuring you at Wednesday’s Super Link Party!
Could you please send me the html for your blog button (if you have one) so that I can display it on my sidebar under Featured Guests, for the week?
Thanks for partying with me!
Thank you for the feature! I just emailed you our button!
Comments are closed.